Sunday, August 14, 2011

The most Amazing Opportunity

This was an amazing experience something that I never thought I would have the opportunity to do. And just knowing that I had the support of so many wonderful people behind me not only from cafemom but also on facebook as well as my wonderful husband and family.

The day started at 6am when we crawled out of bed and packed up our hotel room so that we could get to the mall where the casting took place. We arrived about 655 and I was #158 over a thousand(600-700 more than expected) showed up and were lined up all around the one wing of the downstairs and all around the upstairs. They handed the application out about 915 and stapled pictures to them I was so embarrassed about my pictures but realized that if I make the show I am going to be showing my ginormous flap of fat every week and this is only the beginning.

I got into the room about 1130 and the group of twenty-four was split into two groups of twelve one group for each of the casting directors. And there was ten minutes. I was with Holland "Mastercaster" Striplin, she was the nicest person. We went around the table and everyone introduced themselves(I'm Randi I'm 25 I have 2 kids and I am a coupon clipping swagbuck loving Domestic Diva). She then asked a few questions like; Why do you want to lose the weight (for my family so I can watch my kids grow up.) What is the first thing you will do when you drop the weight (honestly I will take my kids to the park and chase them around.) and If trainer Bob Harper were to reach through the TV and snatch your snack out of your hand what would it be(pretzels and french onion dip.). Then time was up and we were free to leave.

It all happened so fast I was amazed but a really awesome experience. I didn't get a Call Back but I'm OK after a lot of prayer for comfort it was answered. I will make my video this week and if not then I will just keep trying. I just hope they found what they were looking for in St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment